In my mind, there are two types of marketing strategies.
- Push marketing. Outbound. Short term.
- Focus on capturing people who are solution aware - the 1%.
- Run lead ads, to landing pages, with "free" downloads.
- Spend 80% on running the ads (media), and 20% on the actual ads (creative).
- Track everything.
- Pull marketing. Inbound. Long term.
- Educate people who don't yet have a solution - or who aren't even aware they have a problem - the 99%.
- Invest in creating valuable, shareable content and building community.
- Spend closer to 50% on media/distribution, 50% on creative/content.
- Understand that most of your "marketing" will happen in places you can't track. Podcast mentions, Slack messages, FB Groups, event conversations.
There is a time and place for both.
Kai Lovel Newsletter
Sign up for free to access the entire library & get updated on my future work.